Name:
Location: Israel

I am a father, a husband and a doctor of individuals and communities. I live and work in Israel.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Introductions

Hello,
I am a family doctor from Israel, I usually write in Hebrew in a blog in Hebrew.
For a few days now I have been feeling I must do something. I must transfer my feelings about this war to people wanting to understand more about this hell breaking loose in this corner of the world. I created this blog for this purpose hoping this blog will lose its purpose soon.
We all want peace. I marched for it, voted for it, and need it so since I am raising my small children - the fourth generation born to this conflict. I don't want my children to go to the army, to fight wars for politicians and hatred. I want them to grow to a better world. I want them to learn and create, love and smile. I am sure my parents wanted the same for me, when I was small I talked about war with my parents. War seems glorious when you are a child feeding on TV dramas and computer games. I always heard them say that they hope I would not have to go to the army and to war. Years passed. I was drafted in another foolish age when boys want to be men. I became a paratrooper and fought. I understood war from the eyes of a simple infantry soldier. I know now that war is suffering. Suffering of the poor, of the powerless, of the ones dying for the benefit of the strong and the rich.
I decided to become a doctor. To bring healing to the world. To do good. I am writing here for people who think war is glorious. I am writing for my children and for our future in this world.
I am hugging them quietly every night hoping to keep them innocent, small, happy. My son begins to see war as a glorious thing. I will probably be called upon to this war if it will continue.
I am afraid.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, war is suffering. I was a child in Germany during WWII, so I know the fear of bombs, etc. I know how you are feeling.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home